St Joseph’s Sports Update
St Joseph’s had an incredible end to their sporting year with our Sports Week celebrations in the first week in July.
We started our week with a fantastic effort in the Catholic Cup where our Boys ‘A’ team progressed to the semi-finals before being beaten by the eventual winners St Margaret Clitherows.
The Girls ‘A’ team progressed to the quarter finals before being beaten by the eventual winners St Edwards.
Our Sports week was filled with so many exciting activities including:
- Sports Day where children from Reception to Year 6 took part in a carousel of activities including Howler Throwing and Tunnel Ball on the KS2 field;
- A visit from BDC World Champion Darts player, Glen Durrant. Glen very kindly took time out from his hectic schedule to speak to KS2 and he held a special press conference with our School Council;
- Sainsbury’s Gold Day. St Joseph’s have bid for Gold award for the second year in succession. We had a ‘Going for Gold’ dressing up day on a ‘Gold’ theme, a special celebration assembly and lots of special events including a Golf Target Challenge, Basketball Challenge, Orienteering and ‘Going for Gold’ Fun Run.
- A fantastic range of sporting events during the week including Golf, Yogabugs, Hoopstarz, Cardio Tennis, Wheelchair Basketball and Street Dance.
- The Middlesbrough Primary School Sports Awards at Teesside University where our Year 3/4 Gymnastics team were commended as Runners-Up as Year 3/4 Team of the Year. We were so very proud of our team.
I would like to thank all the children and staff who have supported all the events we have took part in. I would like to say a special thanks to Mrs Trippett for her tireless work in arranging buses for all the events we have entered.
Have a lovely summer holiday. I can’t wait for 2017-18.